Full Time - Permanent
£50k per annum + vehicle
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as Regional Golf Course Manager for the
Glendale Golf group.
You will take responsibility for the maintenance, quality, machinery and operational
standards for our group of five golf courses in the South East region. You’ll be an
important advisor, consultant and coach to the Head Greenkeepers at each site.
You’ll play a lead role in the final stages of a growing-in project at London Airlinks Golf
Course, due to open this summer.
Based at Richmond Park Golf Course, you’ll also be directly responsible for the day to day
management of our brilliant greenkeeping team at this 36-hole flagship site. You will lead
from the front and demonstrate willingness to be ‘hands-on’ by contributing to daily
operations and maintenance tasks.
A company vehicle will be provided as the role requires regular travel to our golf courses
in Hampshire, Sussex and Essex.
We expect a high level of interest in what is a unique and highly rewarding role in the golf
● Managing and delivering the operational plan for the maintenance, quality and
compliance of our golf courses.
● Carrying out routine quality & compliance audits and producing reports for the
senior management team.
● Managing the servicing, maintenance and safe operation of the machinery fleet
and annual service contracts with external suppliers.
● Managing supplier relations and contracts, utilising our group buying power to get
the most cost-efficient commercial arrangements.
● In-depth knowledge of agronomy and sports turf management including pesticide
and feed applications.
● Managing golf course annual maintenance budgets, finances and resources.
● Identifying opportunities for golf course improvements and creating proposals for
● Recruitment, selection and coaching of staff. Managing the annual training plan for
all greenkeepers in the region.
● Maintenance and monitoring of irrigation and drainage systems.
● An understanding of modern advances in materials, machinery and greenkeeping
In addition to having the appropriate technical knowledge and skills for the position, the
successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes :-
● Enthusiastic individual who has an eye for detail.
● Strong team player.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Ability to lead by example.
● Open and honest.
● Previous experience, preferably in a similar group management role.
● NVQ Level 2.
● PA1, PA2, PA6.
● Chainsaw Certificate.
● Driving Licence.
What can Glendale Golf offer you?
● An attractive salary dependent on qualifications and experience
● Company pension scheme
● Membership to BIGGA
● Staff uniform
● Free gym membership for you and a nominated person / Employee discount portal /
Company sick pay / career progression and more.
How to Apply
If you feel like you’d be successful in this role or are interested to know more, we’d love to
hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to