Full Time - Permanent
£40k per annum
Following a £multi-million investment by Glendale Golf, we have an incredible opportunity
for a Head Greenkeeper to join our team at London Airlinks Golf Course, West London.
Opening summer 2023, this is a rare opportunity to lead a greenkeeping team responsible
for the final stages of growing-in and preparations for a brand new 18-hole golf course
and driving range.
Reporting to the Regional Course Manager, we welcome applications from candidates
with suitable qualifications and experience.
● Managing and delivering the maintenance and improvement plan for the golf
course and amenity areas.
● Managing budgets, finance and resources for your department.
● Recruitment, selection and training of staff.
● Servicing, maintenance and safe operation of the machinery fleet and annual
service contracts with external suppliers.
● In-depth knowledge of sports turf management including pesticide and feed
● Maintenance and monitoring of irrigation and drainage systems.
● An understanding of modern advances in materials, machinery and greenkeeping
● Keeping up to date with all Health & Safety regulations and being able to complete
● Carry out quality and maintenance audits to ensure we achieve KPI standards.
In addition to having the appropriate greenkeeping knowledge and skills for the position
the successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes :-
● Enthusiastic individual who has an eye for detail.
● Strong team player.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Ability to lead by example.
● Open and honest.
● Previous experience in a similar management role.
● NVQ Level 2.
● PA1, PA2, PA6.
● Chainsaw Certificate (advantageous but not essential)
What can Glendale Golf offer you?
● An attractive salary dependent on qualifications and experience
● Company pension scheme
● Membership to BIGGA
● Staff uniform
● Weekend working on a rota system
● Free use of Glendale Golf Courses, free gym membership for you and a nominated
person / Employee discount portal / Company sick pay / career progression and
How to Apply
If you feel like you’d be successful in this role or are interested to know more, we’d love to
hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to