Present a professional and positive image of the Club while promoting and managing all golf-related activities.
Responsible for ensuring that all members and their guests have an exceptional golfing experience.
We are looking for someone to come in and make the role their own.
• Plan, promote and direct all golf activities.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of golf operations; manage the day-to-day personnel function; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Club’s polices and applicable laws.
• Prepare annual and monthly budget and operating plan for golf operations; identify and present other options that will increase revenue or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality programs and services possible for the members; take corrective actions as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained.
• Consult with the General Manager on golf course and practice range operation, maintenance and rules.
• Administer, interpret and enforce all club rules and policies that govern the use of the course, golf cars, and other golf-related facilities.
• Cooperate with the Head Greenkeeper on maintenance issues that affect the playability of the golf course.
• Create and enforce in a consistent manner all of the Club’s rules and regulations governing the use of the golf course, golf carts, and other golf facilities.
• Oversee club tournaments and related events.
• Be open and interested in members’ suggestions, resolving issues as they arise, including presentation of more difficult issues and possible solutions to the General Manager.
• Operate and maintain a reputable golf shop and practice facility that features a range of quality merchandise and services reflective of members’ needs; oversee the ordering of and/or may order merchandise for golf shop and provides the best selection possible within the constraints of inventory and quality limits in adherence with Club standards.
• Provide competent golf instruction, and supervise teaching staff; provide age- and skill- appropriate golf lessons to members and their guests; design and conduct golf clinics for all skill levels.
• Enthusiastically promote golf and golfing activities with a high level of service; play golf with members of all skill-levels to generate enthusiasm.
HEAD GOLF PROFESSIONAL
• Supervise the rental and use of golf carts and maintenance of such equipment.
• Supervise proper charging to member’s accounts for the collection of fees from guests, green fees, cart fees, merchandise and services.
• Attend national and regional conferences, meetings, merchandise shows, educational and professional shows to encourage development and to enhance quality and image of the Club. • Represent the Club in professional golf activities in a reputable, professional manner; participate in public relations efforts in and around the Club and community.
• Ensure protection of Club assets within areas of responsibility. • Ensure the maintenance of professional housekeeping standards.
• Uphold the PGA Code of Ethics.
• Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
• Perform other duties as directed.
• Manage all personnel functions by developing, maintaining and evaluating personnel in effective, efficient and safe work practices.
• Provides for, develops, trains, and maintains a professional work force.
• Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner. • Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
• Attend all staff, management, Golf Committee and other applicable meetings.
• Achieve department goals through development and management of an effective budget.
• Plan professional development and training activities for subordinates.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, co-workers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
• Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
• Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behaviour.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
PGA Class A member in good standing.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret the most complex documents.
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Ability to write speeches and articles using original or HEAD GOLF PROFESSIONAL innovative techniques or style.
Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Working knowledge of various computer software programs, preferably ESP Leisure.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PGA Class A, Valid Driver's License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this role please send your covering letter and CV to: David@cambridgecountryclub.com