At Crown Golf we pride ourselves on being the friendliest clubs in Britain, where guests are welcomed as the new friends, we hope they will soon become. Our committed teams are dedicated to the success of every aspect of our clubs, for membership, for golf, for events and for celebrations.
We have nine clubs, and we offer some of the best golf in the country As an Assistant Greenkeeper/Apprentice Greenkeeper, you will carry out a diverse range of activities involved in the maintenance of the golf course.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
• The safe operation of all equipment and work practices to the approved standard of safety and with due regards to the local environment.
• Operation of various types of mowing equipment used on greens, tees, fairways, surrounds and roughs etc.
• Operation of top dressers, aerifiers, spreaders, tractors and other such powered equipment.
• General maintenance of greens, tees, bunkers and fairways, including hole changing, bunker raking and divot filling etc.
• Watering, basic use of the irrigation system.
• Tree and shrub planting, pruning and wood clearing.
• Assisting in various course project work as well as any associated landscaping work including turfing and seeding.
• General drainage work including clearing and trimming ditches.
• Indoor work including the maintenance of a variety of equipment, the cleaning and painting of golf course accessories and general repairs.
• Continued learning and understanding of the maintenance requirements of a golf course in line with the training manual and under the supervision of the Course Manager or Deputy.
NVQ2 qualified is preferred but not essential.
Complimentary golf (subject to Ts&Cs)
Free on-site parking
Excellent training, development and career progression opportunities
Holiday increases with length of service
Discounted food whilst on duty
By applying for this position, you are consenting for us to receive your personal data for the purposes of the job application only. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications received, we are only able to contact short listed candidates. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. To apply please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find on What3Words: https://w3w.co/courier.them.ruled