The Golf Operations Manager is responsible for promoting an exceptional golf experience, providing excellent services and programs for all members and visitors and is accountable for the financial performance for the Championship course.
The ideal candidate for the Golf Operations Manager position must possess the ability to lead with a passion that inspires the staff and attracts the industry’s best talent. The successful candidate must provide strategic leadership expertise that ensures the effective and efficient operation of the business while improving on the current model, and in doing so, continuously encouraging Linden Hall Golf to thrive.
The Golf Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation is set to the agreed standards, and is accountable for developing, implementing, and coordinating operational and service assurance programs to provide first class service for our members and guests.
As a key stakeholder in the golf business, the Golf Operations Manager will be directly responsible for the management and accuracy of all retail stock holding inline with the budget set out by Macdonald Hotels. Your strategy set out in a monthly sales and marketing activity plan must present in tangent with the monthly forecast agreed with the Regional Managing Director which includes direct accountability of the sales and KPI’s for all Green Fee segments, Retail, Buggy Yield and Membership Attrition.
This is a fast paced and challenging environment, and the ideal candidate would ideally have previous experience working within the golf industry, be financially focused, a strong leader, self-motivated, sales driven, talented and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
The Golf Operation supervisor must have an entrepreneurial approach to driving the business to new heights not being afraid to make positive changes and to think differently. They must coordinate, direct, and supervise the staff including working with the Green Keepers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferably experience within the golf industry; equivalent financially driven sport background; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
· Good understanding of golf course management, course presentation and agronomy.
· Strong management skills in order to lead and motivate an existing and established, hardworking team to develop ideas.
· Ability to execute budgets on a daily, monthly and annual basis.
· Ability to understand and explain the P&L statement.
· Ability to present capital projects.
· Ability to run with a pro-active and ambitious attitude.
· Ability to organise multiple projects; manage and prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Ability to coach team members in learning the same skills.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills.
· Analysis and decision-making skills,
· Organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to deliver high standards.
· Excellent IT skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· To operate at both a tactical and strategic level, managing and continuously developing all aspects of the Golf business.
· Support and work with all Linden Hall Hotel Head of Departments in all aspects of running the business.
· Provide a clear vision for its strategic direction, whilst taking personal responsibility for identifying additional sales and marketing opportunities.
· Ensure customer service excellence is consistently delivered, and revenues and profitability are maximised.
· Conduct regular operations team meetings with the entire golf team daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, customer comment cards and feedback, and action taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues.
· Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development.
· Innovative in identifying market strategies to stay ahead of the competition, involving all marketing platforms including social media.
· Formulate and establish operating procedures and goals.
· Establish and manage purchase order programs, contribution reports, and budgets for all functions at the golf operation.
· Review weekly and monthly financial reports of each direct sales line including Membership, Green fee, Buggy and Retail.
· Proactive in suggesting and debating alternative methods and procedures in solving concerns and assuring that we exceed the expectations and satisfaction of our guests, team members, and vendors.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
To apply, please send you covering letter and cv to: email@example.com
What3Words Location: https://w3w.co/blackmail.nest.aims