Llanwern Golf Club is a private members club established in 1928 in Newport, Wales. Peter Alliss once described the 18 hole parkland course at Llanwern as a ‘hidden gem’, which members and visitors enjoy. The kitchen and function room has recently undergone a modern refurbishment to allow the club to cater for non-golf events and become a venue of choice for the growing local community.
Llanwern Golf Club is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and forward-thinking General Manager to take over the club’s leadership from the outgoing General Manager. The General Manager will work closely with the Board of Directors and the key staff members across all business areas to continue the club’s progression and improvement of all club facilities following the five-year strategic plan.
• Key link between the Board of Directors concerning the day to day operation of the club.
• Ensure that all decisions, activities and investments meet the club’s vision and deliver the strategic goals and objectives as directed by the Board of Directors.
• Executive accountability/responsibilities for the club’s operation, administration, and premises management within the context of the annual plan and budgets.
• Establishing and maintaining a welcoming, member-focused experience through the core business areas of the club.
• Promotion of the club to organisations, potential new members, visitors and the community.
Preferred Education, Qualifications & Experience
Education: The prefered candidate will possess a degree or certificate of higher education.
Qualifications: The prefered candidate will be on the MDP Pathway with CMAE and hold the CMDip Designation.
Experience: The prefered candidate will have proven experience in driving an organisation commercially and operationally, ideally within a Golf Club, membership, or hospitality environment.
£28-£35k basic salary based on experience with an additional KPI bonus scheme if targets are achieved.
Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter outlining their experience, skills and motivation for the role and include an up to date CV.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st May and if successful, interviews will be held W/C 30th May 2022
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and should be e-mailed to Julian Sansom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find on What3Words: https://w3w.co/risks.keys.preoccupied