At Crown Golf we pride ourselves on being the friendliest clubs in Britain, where guests are welcomed as the new friends, we hope they will soon become. Our committed teams are dedicated to the success of every aspect of our clubs, for membership, for golf, for events and for celebrations. We have nine clubs, and we offer some of the best golf in the country.
About the role…
Our ideal Deputy Course Manager will:
• Understand and follow the agreed maintenance plan within budgetary limitations.
• Assist and participate in carrying out a comprehensive programme of work.
• Oversee the on-going daily work activities of the Greenkeepers on behalf of the Course Manager in a safe, efficient manner.
• Actively participate in the numerous tasks required in the maintenance of the course. These will include mowing, hole-changing, divot-filling, bunker raking, aerating, top dressing, fertilising, watering, spraying and pest control although this list is not exhaustive.
• Help organise and participate in project work such as tree planning and pruning, greens, tee and bunker renovation, seeding, path works and drainage.
• Help use and maintain the effective operation of the irrigation system.
• Assist in the ordering and purchasing of materials and to help maintain appropriate records and accounts.
• Supervise the effective operation of all golf course equipment and golf buggies, including servicing and repair schedules.
• Supervise and participate in the maintenance of all golf course accessories, soil processing and general maintenance work around the clubhouse and maintenance buildings. • Train, motivate and effectively direct all members of the team.
• Adhere to basic health and safety legislation and work within the guidelines laid down the by the company and relevant legislative bodies. NVQ Level 2 Sports Turf Management and PA1, PA2 and PA6 required.
As a valued team member our benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Fun and professional work environment
• Holiday increases with length of service
• Free golf (T&Cs apply)
• Complimentary car parking
• Excellent training, development, and career progression opportunities
• Uniform will be provided
This role is full time, working 40 hours per week and you will be expected to work one weekend in three.
By applying for this position, you are consenting for us to receive your personal data for the purposes of the job application only.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications received, we are only able to contact short listed candidates.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Interested applicants should apply with a CV and covering letter along with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find on What3Words: https://w3w.co/afterglow.mimed.belong